Who is this guide for?
Accounts Users and Accounts Supervisors
This report is designed to provide a variance analysis of your average case cost over time. It includes archived matters only. When run in Summary format, each column gives the average case cost between the specified months, so for example, the column headed 0-12 months will give the average case cost for matters archived between 0 and 12 months ago. 5-17 months column will give the average case cost for matters archived between 5 and 17 months ago. The report therefore produces a rolling average that will help to even out any discrepancies caused by particularly high cost cases. The Variance and Percentage variance columns calculate the variance and percentage variance on the two most recent 12 month periods.
- Fee Earner – Select one or several fee earners, or leave blank for all
- Franchise – Select one or several franchise categories, or leave blank for all
- Private or LA – Choose here whether you want to show Private matters only, Legal Aid matters only or All matters
- Branch – Leave set to All for all branches, or select the branch you wish to report on
- Currency – Select the currency you wish to report on
Choose from List or Summary (see description above and column produced below for details of differences).
List of Columns produced
|List Report Type||Summary Report Type|
|Franchise Category Code||Work Type Code|
|Work Type Code||Month 5-17 Case Cost Total|
|Client No / Matter No||Month 4-16 Case Cost Total|
|Fee Earner Code||Month 3-15 Case Cost Total|
|WIP Value||Month 2-14 Case Cost Total|
|Time Billed Value||Month 1-13 Case Cost Total|
|Disbursements Incurred Value||Month 0-12 Case Cost Total|
|Date Archived||Percentage Variance|