Who is this guide for?
Accounts Users and Accounts Supervisors
From time to time, if you have more than one office bank you may need to transfer money from one bank to another. This guide will show you how.
- Navigate to the Nominal Ledgers in Osprey. You can use a sundries/suspense/bank transfer account if you have one. If you want to add a new nominal for bank transfers, our guide here will show you how.
- Select the ledger to use, ensuring you have selected the SAC, Branch and Department to enable the Post button to appear.
- Select posting type Payment
- Enter the details of the transfer, selecting the bank FROM which you want to take the money. Click Post.
- Now, select the posting type Receipt, and click Post.
- Enter the details of the transfer, selecting the bank TO which you want to send the money. Click Post.
Your nominal balance should not have changed, as we have a +/-
Whilst on the banks, we have a payment from Office Bank 1
And a receipt to Office Bank 2